Friday, November 19, 2004

Friday Nudibranch Blogging


four legs good said...

That is a fine looking nudibranch!!

They're quite sculptural aren't they?

Lisa said...

Gorgeous. I think I'll do some jellyfish blogging next week... But until then, it's still Dog Blogging at Fuzzy Puppy today, with Molly asking the tough religious questions.

electionthief said...

Your blog has a nice design.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Philalethes.

I just finised reading the cat blog comments over on Eschaton and I just wanted to say that I agree with you entirely on the subject of cat de-clawing. It is absolutely horrible and I would never do it to a cat. I have four. Two are indoor cats that I brought with me to the little cottage I now rent. Henry is a Snowshoe Siamese, the dominant male of the household. Leroy is younger, black with magnificent green eyes, and is a fetcher who repeatedly challenges the old man for dominance and repeatedly loses.

There were ferals living behind my house when I arrived. I managed to capture them with a live trap and took them to be spayed and neutered. I managed to socialize the kittens and my vet found homes for them. The two grown cats I re-released and now feed - so they are outdoor cats. I tamed the male, Edgar, and he's a love. I would let him in but he attacks the others and he has FIV so I can't risk it. I literally have a one room home so there's no way to separate them. Ethel, the female, is still very skittish. She will let me pet her back and tail when I feed her but won't let me pick her up. I'm very worried about winter coming but fortunately I live in Oklahoma and it doesn't get TOO cold here. I have a plastic pet igloo that I've put out for them with an indoor/outdoor electric warming pad. Ethel loves it but Edgar won't go in so THAT'S got me concerned.

Also I have a big dog named Izzy who, fortunately, just LOVES cats.

As you can tell I'm an animal lover. I've rescued more than I can count, I'm a vegetarian and a member of PETA and I contribute to a local animal welfare organization.

Stick with your principles about de-clawing and don't let anybody convince you otherwise! (I know you won't.)

Take care,