Friday, January 06, 2006

Oddly Enough

Over at WhirledView, Cheryl Rofer has made an excellent catch:

As I wandered around the internet yesterday, I happened on a link to an article in a category Reuters calls “Oddly Enough.” This category contains story titles like
Woman poisons trees to improve view
Miffed man pays bank bill a penny at a time
Pets losing battle of the bulge?
Well, okay. Newspapers need fillers for odd spaces left over after most of the layout is done.

The article that caught my eye was titled
Thieves steal another radioactive unit
Wondering what the punchline is? Read the rest.

1 comment:

juniper pearl said...

the news on my earthlink start-up page has a section titled "strange news." the leading headline right now is, "Cow Escapes Meat Plant, Dodges Cars, Train." i think this crosses over into the heading of "wonderful news," but that heading seems to exist only in my personal mental sidebar.