Friday, July 08, 2005

Friday Nudibranch Blogging



This is Halgerda aurantiomaculata. Look on his works, ye mighty, and despair!

Speaking of despair, I've actually been working on a post for most of the day, to little avail. It's too hot to think, for one thing. And the subject matter is not exactly cheerful. I think it can wait 'til tomorrow, at the very least.

On the bright side, I had the rare good sense to contact a very dear friend who lives in London, near the site of one of the bombings. We hadn't talked in a long time, for a number of reasons that are, in retrospect, pretty silly. She was OK, fortunately. And it was instructive, at my age, to ponder the thought that catering to my own stubbornness and vanity might - just possibly - be a waste of time.

And now, I'll tip my dunce cap at a jaunty angle, and head out on the town!

2 comments:

robin andrea said...

Well, that nudibranch doesn't look like anything I might find in a bakery, the way the others have, but it does look "sweet" in its own way.
Looking forward to your next post, even if it isn't cheerful.

Cervantes said...

Don't be afraid to say what needs to be said. Even if it's dirty work, somebody's got to do it.